Feed, play, love

DSC_2682.jpg
DSC_2686.jpg
DSC_2699.jpg
DSC_2709.jpg
DSC_2700.jpg
DSC_2712.jpg
trampoline pals

We basked in glorious weather this weekend. We tuned bikes, ate outside, and got a bit too much sun on our noses. But I have to tell you. There is grief and worry rivering under our spring gladness -- it feels false not to write about it here, and yet I've been hesitating to do so, being as this is not a story directly about me. But here it is. My stepmother (my dad's wife) has been diagnosed with cancer. All who've had illness alight when least expected must know how this feels: shock, sadness, determination, all mingling together with a sense of helplessness, and the parallel impatience to get going already and live each day. Maybe it's why I've been running so much lately. I don't know. But that's the other thing I did this weekend: I ran a long way. The mind goes quiet, when running a long way, and the body begins to take over and grow stronger until the mind has almost nothing to say anymore, but waits in stillness and calm, amazed at the effort accessible to the body in this state that seems to me almost intensely serene.

Supper prep is calling. Get going: eat, drink, jump, play, run, but most of all love.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,