A few things, on this very Monday morning ...
1. The vacuum cleaner did not get used this weekend.
2. Instead, I drifted to my office to work hour after huddled hour on intensely challenging revisions, which I simply could not leave alone. I expect to be doing the same all week. It will look like I'm here, but I'm not here.
3. I ran 20km on Saturday morning. I was grateful.
4. While running, I had a Big Thought: I don't run because I'm strong, I run because I'm not. I run for courage. I run for nerve.
5. With courage in my heart, I return to my imaginary worlds, and write.
6. The only trouble with this formula is that I don't, it seems, so much care whether I return to the real world, with courage in my heart, and vacuum.
Labels: chores, cleaning, editing, running, The Girl Runner, work, writing