Juliet, out and about

wordsworth3

julietwindow

juliet
I was glad to have a companion for yesterday afternoon's rather odd errand -- I'd heard the book had arrived in our bookstore uptown.

"I'm feeling kind of silly about taking my camera into the store. 'Hi, can I take a picture of my book?' What do you think?"

"Of course you should! It's your book!"

I was surprised to find copies smack-dab in the front window, too. The article in the window is from yesterday's local newspaper; an interview. Inside the store there was a poster about the launch party this Saturday.

I'm trying to figure out how I feel about all of this. I'm not taking it for granted, not at all. It's lovely. That's what it is. It is a lovely experience running alongside the rest of my life.

Yesterday, the rest of my life revolved around selecting disastrous areas of the house (they are all disastrous, so I decided to make the job manageable by focusing on one at a time), and sorting through the accumulated minutiae, organizing, and then vacuuming.

messyroom2
before

cleanroom
after

Is it just me, or does "before" actually somehow look better, more welcoming, filled with life, etc., than "after"? Whatever. Those photos represent hours of labour. I was pretty grumpy by the time we got to the uptown photo errand. And I missed my chance to go to yoga class. And no make-up yoga today because Kevin's working in Toronto. And tomorrow is Family Day which means the pool won't be open early. And And And.

So, yes. It's lovely to find the mundane interrupted by the unusual.

Labels: , , , , , ,