Write to me in poetry

How about a post with no photos of food or flowers?

I'd like you to meet Sheree Fitch. She is a Canadian writer, an author of many books for children, young adults, and adults too. And though I only know her virtually, her wit and energy and radiant spirit bubble off the page and out through the screen as vividly as if she were right here. Over Christmas, my little kids got a kick out my performance of her picture books Mabel Murple and There Were Monkeys in My Kitchen--I read them standing up because Sheree's books are filled with words that whirl and spin and ask a reader to throw herself in. You'll see what I mean when you read the poem below. Sheree wrote it in response to my recent post on the quotation,"Who begins too much accomplishes little," and when I asked, she said I could share it here.

This is the first response I've ever received in POETRY! I love it. Yes, Blogland can be a most delightful world in which to dwell.

‎(once you begin

spin
spin
spin

get dizzy from the busy

let the outside in

the world whirls on

while the moon

beams

its munificent lopsided grin )

simply discombobulating
jumbled up and mumbling
topsy turvy tumbling
tipsy tummy tied in knots
spirogyrospiralling
swivelling like anything
ab-soul- utely apple carted downside up
simply discombobulating
jumbled up and mumbling
topsy turvy tumbling
teetertottery hurray

(Inspired by ......... http://carrieannesnyder.blogspot.com/2012/01/who-begins-too-much.html)


- by Sheree Fitch

Thank you, Sheree! (I'd like to hear you read it.)

Labels: ,