Sunshine




The child not pictured is inside, upstairs, huddled in his bed, too sick even to enjoy unlimited access to the computer. So we aren't off to swim in a lake, as planned. If I don't get another chance to use the wetsuit before the race on Sunday, well, so be it. I'll swim on Sunday. The sun is shining, the sky is bright, the girls talked all the way home from school (and held hands), and the supper menu is enticing. It is based around the chicken stock I've been brewing all day: hot and sour soup for those of us so inclined, and miso for everyone else, with pasta salad on the side.

re writing: The last story didn't get finished today, but it got continued, and that was all I could ask of my weary brain. I've noticed myself tending to muck around on these last few writing days and suddenly gain inspiration with seventeen minutes left on the clock (avoidance is not my usual style, but with this story I've begun to appreciate the kick-in-the-pants of working under pressure).

Labels: , , , ,