Up Up Up

Today marks the launch of a debut collection of stories: Up Up Up, by Julie Booker. It also marks the first time I've "blurbed" for a book. You can go to bookstores (in Canada), pick up this brightly titled book, and turn it over to the back cover where you will find these words:

"Up Up Up is perfectly titled: a debut collection that positively bubbles with life, humour, and surprise. In these swift and sparkling stories -- confections of unexpected density --Booker's voice never fails to illuminate the bright side of the dark side. Booker's radiant charm is in her seeming artlesness: dialogue that leaps from page to ear, flawed characters who try and try again, and -- listen, you can almost hear it -- the joyful hum of boundless curiosity."

And then you'll see my name. Woot! (Why is woot a word? I don't know, but I like it).

I had not heard of Julie Booker--this is her first book--before reading these stories, and it was a delight to put my stamp of approval on them. So go get the book and get reading! Twenty short stories make for excellent just-before-bed fare.

Labels: ,