Small Change Number One

This photo is off the old point-and-shoot camera. I'm still using it on occasion because it has the obvious advantage of being available on a point-and-shoot basis, while the better camera requires a little more set-up. But I actually took this photo sometime last month, before the arrival of the new camera. I'm only getting to it now. I have a list of blog topics patiently waiting for a spare moment. I'm stealing one right now during bedtime snack, before we head off to the living-room to read another couple of chapters in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (remember Judy Blume?).
Above is illustrated one of my new year's resolutions ... or simply one of the small changes I'm putting into action/planning to put into action this winter. It's dry in the house. So I retired the crib that had been living beside our bed, and replaced it with drying racks, and began washing one load of laundry (plus diapers) each day. It's possible to hang one load of laundry on the racks; any more than that and I run out of room, so it takes some planning and consistency to dry clothes in this way. But what a waste to heat up that lovely cool humidity and send it out into the atmosphere via the drier hose.
It's a small change. It takes time. So far, I'm happy about it.
Hope to get to those other blog topics soon. Seriously, I made a list.

Labels: ,