Looking for The Golden Mean

Before and after. I'm surprised every time I see her with that gap. She looks so different, and it reminds me that she's growing up. Once again, I pulled the tooth. She is crazy brave; or else has superior pain tolerance; or both. Because, seriously, she made not a peep during the removal, except when piping up to offer suggestions and advice.
:::
I'm working on some writing news, but it's not quite ready to unveil yet. Don't get too excited. It's nothing to do with the Nica stories, or any fiction or poetry or literary writing at all, actually. Not my usual writing news, she says, and thusly leaves her reader in suspense ...
Meantime, I'm looking forward to a couple of writing mornings this week, and wondering where they will take me. And I actually managed to finish chapter one of Annabel Lyon's The Golden Mean, which would hardly be considered a feat (it's an amazing book, so far), except that I succeeded in reading it while babysitting this morning (parents of said babysat child: please don't dock my pay). My usually cheerful threesome of Tuesday children went all Tuesday-ish on me last week, and there was much grumpiness and butting of heads, so I decided to stay right on top of the situation today. But soon discovered that just sitting quietly on the couch or rocking chair in the same room, being available to jump in when the tone changed from convivial to bossy, was enough supervision. So I added the book to the mix. It turned out to be a good morning. Read this book, too! Then we can chat about it, perhaps over coffee, while our children boss each other around. Just a thought.

Labels: , , ,